Friday, April 25, 2008

The countdown is on...reality is setting in

Jeepers! It is only a couple of days before we travel to Northern NSW for my next NRS event: Murrwillumbah/Mooball. My toe is (ever so slowly) getting better; I can do a half sprint and it doesn't hurt, but full on sprinting and climbing hills still really hurts. I am still using my modified shoe, which also has aerodynamic properties and increased ventilation (this is a bonus since winter decided to start last week). You can see in the pic below- it is a great look. The other "great look" is my Scofield.




But as I have said many times; "it is not about what you look like, it is how fast you go".In the B grade trophy race last weekend I focused on (trying to improve) bunch riding skills. I rode at the Track for the first time in two weeks and LOVED IT! "Operation freshen-up Davina" commenced this week and the plan is to be riding like a champ early next week (I love a good plan). I have been doing some prep on the courses for Mooball. 24km TT where I need to average around 41km/hr (according to last years times) to be up there (OOUUUUCCCCHHHHH!!!!). Me and my toe are going to love this. There is two road races; 105kms and 69km (Saturday and Sunday).


But before any of this happens I am off to Albany for the next SRS races. I am using it as some hilly climbing experience; apparently it is hilly. As Darryl (Benson) pointed out at yesterday's motorpace 'you need to be good in the hills to pull that jersey off- I was wearing my polka dotted shirt from MVT'. I am sure you can imagine my response as Bella King (my hill climbing buddy) and I were struggling to stay with the group post-sprint climb. Give it time; we will show them-wont we Bella?

I will report in on Monday with an Albany update and a last minute toe-update (because I know you are hanging onto your seat) pre-Mooball. Best wishes for Anzac Day Weekend.

No comments: