Saturday, September 6, 2008

Be the change that you want to see in the world.

Not much to report, but checking in just for those who love me…or love not to.

My final City to Surf time was: 1:00:29- nice, not bad for a sickalist with no running training. Cycling training has slowly re-commenced (officially tomorrow) and I have some work to do in a number of areas over the next 8 weeks or so. Oh, it is going to hurt but I am there. Summer 08/09 is hopefully going to be great. Altitude training has started again and I am back in the gym with the good fun Wildcats boys making me feel like a midget. It is great to see some new faces at altitude sessions, one of the guys from Tuesday’s “Open Adult” Track Session (Speed dome 6-8pm) was there this week.


Fantastic results from Lorraine Schultz and Tracy Ober from the Masters World Road & TT Champs. Lorraine taking gold in the TT for her age category. Congratulations Ladies. Dougie rode the race of his life in the deciding race (I am told from someone who was there) to take the prestigious Trexlertown velo "Rider of the Year" title.

The local women in the state are getting organized for the State Team Time Trial Champs in 2 weeks time. It seems as though there will be a few teams entered and will be a good race; I am actually a little disappointed to be missing it.

TTT Teams (the ones I am aware of and to the best of my knowledge):
Danielle, Dannika...TBA
Holly, Cherie and Anna
Jo, Linda and another SW rider
Bec H, Tracy and Claire McLean
Amanda Betts, Katrina...TBA
Sarah K, Melissa and Josie- Plan B Team

Our WA racing team with title sponsor; Plan B Wealth Management, is up and running. It will get a full report all of its own as soon as we finalise some details. Also, I am in the process of setting up an official website- but just like everything in life there is a trade-off (between having it looking too basic and cost).

I went out and rode this morning (Saturday) with SPR. A nice big group of about 60 riders turned up for the start. I was pleased to see people who looked newish to riding (wearing WCE jerseys and the like) turning up to the start. Also the “infamous” Barista Boys were pointed out and it was good that they came to play. I caught up with all of the familiar faces and chatted about the latest bike bling, cycling news and who currently has the SPR Saturday sprint title. I am still yet to work out where the sprint finish is, not that it matters, I was just out for the roll. But maybe one day, when everyone does not suspect it…

2 comments:

RaeC said...

Ahh... it's been a while since I have worn the big blue mask. Probably about time to get back to it I think. And was that you with the bike yesterday afternoon coming out of the gym at about 6ish in the evening? I was the blonde climbing down the hill from the road in front of the gym. Wasn't sure if it was you but thought it might be. If it was I won't be so rude and will stop to introduce myself next time :o)

Love your break up note on the fridge... you would think diet coke would have at least told you to your face instead of writing a note... just goes to show he's a coward. You're better off without him... LOL!! :o)

Flying Fynn said...

Ahhh, gunning for the Sat Sprint title eh.. Hmmm, hold my wheel and you are gauranteed second spot, although it is a pretty sought after wheel...

Pretty good time for the city 2 surf.. Especially seeing as you have done about as much running as me (I went for my first run in 5 months on the Monday before the race (tried again on Wednesday but back was sore and forced me to walk (wait till you get to my age ;-))..

Your Altitude training looks cool. Where do I sign up?

I will purchase a wig and we can do the team time trial together ;-)