Wednesday, September 17, 2008

If it is to be, it is up to me

I have 30 minutes before we are off to the airport and thought I might let you know what I am up to. Tonight Luke and I are flying to Brisbane, then driving for about 6 hours or so to get to Glen Innes, northern NSW. It is a romantic getaway, with a cycling twist- the final women’s NRS race for the 2008 winter season. I have made these events a priority this year and supported the series as best I can. Being a good wife, I packed up Luke’s bike this arvo so he can also get some riding in, in preparation for some more SPR group rides.

The race: Celtic Country Classic de Femme which is effectively Glen Innes to Inverell (via Elsmore Loop)- 95km. There are some other competitors from WA going, but no women. The men are racing a longer course and commencing in Grafton. We will see them at presentations.

The current start list looks pretty good, with some good riders having a hit out. The consistently strong MB Cycles girls, Leonie Burford and her team mates racing under Team Kinselas, Myfanwy Galloway and Chloe Hoskings.

In an effort to pack more bikes into my house, Steve has loaned me his BMX bike for a little while. I will need to see just how BMX fits in with my current training program, but I am quite excited to get back into some sprint BMX efforts and get better at jumps.

Goodluck to everyone racing the State Team Time Trial this weekend, I hear of another women’s team that will be quite strong, should be good clean fun.

I just got the ‘5 minutes honey’ call, so have to catch my plane…

2 comments:

MTB Girl said...

Good luck with your race Davina! I know Miffy Galloway - I used to work for her father, he's a really good rider too.

I hope you have a nice romantic break too.

RaeC said...

LMAO... only you could squeeze a cycling race into a romantic getaway... hang on... no... there would be one other person that would do that... Coach!! LOL!!

Good luck Davina... I'll be cheering for you and keeping an eye on your blog xxx