Thursday, June 12, 2008

A wise man will make more opportunites than he finds (Frances Bacon)

A week of organising and resting (I love organising and I am not so good at resting), and lots of NAM&S work.

My new road bike (pictured) has arrived and it is AWESOME! Sadly, I have not ridden on it much, due to the weather, resting and completing TT efforts on TT bike for Saturday's State TT Champs. It is much lighter than my Tarmac, it has Durace (as opposed to Ultegra) and I am looking forward to giving it a good run next week. I will test out the Rovel Fusee SL wheels and determine whether a red bike, in fact, does go faster. A massive thank you to Fleet Cycles and Specialized for arranging this for me.

The final (adjusted) results from Menzies have been published. I have been awarded 3rd overall. I had heard somewhere along the grapevine that the guy who ran second was on a day licence. The girls' protest for the Female prizes was upheld, great that it all has been sorted.

My thoughts are with all the male riders involved in the big crash at the 100km champs last weekend. Hope all of your bruises, scrapes and broken bones get better soon.

The training focus for the week has been on TTs, even at NDCC training on Weds night we were all doing TT efforts (good efforts by Allee Proud and Rebecca Mumme BTW). As the defending champion for all 4 state road events from 2007; I am hoping I can actually defend this one. Second is good, but I like to win and are not afraid to say it. With the 'race of truth' there is no wheel for me to sit on, me and my (still) fuzzy head will have hurt all on our own for 25kms.

According to Cycling WA there is 10 Open Women confirmed to start; DS, Lorraine Schultz (World Masters TT Champ), Claire McLean (Australian LC1 AWD athlete), Sarah-Jeanne Fraser, Linda Evans, Kelly Grey, Danielle Longworth, Cherie Bonasera, Tracey Ober and Anna Kauffmann. Lorraine and Claire have excelled in TT events past, everyone else seems to be in good form, should be a great race. Melissa and Sarah Kent will fight out for the U/19 title over less distance.

As far as the SRS WA Women's Points Table is going, I (unofficially) have Sarah-Jeanne in the lead on 370 points, with Holly McClellan and I joined second, Linda Evan 4th and Melissa Hoskins 5th. Sarah may just take out the award again this year, I must say, very impressive if she can.

Thanks to those who comment on my posts, I am hoping to see more.

No comments: